Monday, February 8, 2010

Potty Training- Day 3

Oh my..WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES!! Lou got K up this morning and took her straight in to the potty and changed her into her big girl panties. Again we spent some time snuggling in bed while she drank her milk. We had a lot to accomplish today so we were dressed (well as dressed as we were gonna get K w/ only a long sleeve velour shirt) & downstairs within an hour. Prior to making breakfast I had been asking her if she had to go and she always said no, at about 1 hour I just took her b/c I was worried while I was cooking I'd miss her. After that, EVERYTIME she had to go she told us. Sometimes we made it to the potty with dry panties, sometimes there were a few drops, and sometimes they were wet, but there were no puddles left behind like yesterday or the day before. Sweet! We had friends over this evening for the Superbowl, so we went back to taking her every 1/2 hour or so b/c we didn't think with all the people and her friends around that she would be as aware. I do have to venture out in the AM tomorrow for a Dr's appt, but after that we will stay in one more day. I am very impressed with the difference between yesterday and today. We are very lucky (as we've been told) that Kelsey seems to understand the "poop" feeling. She has not had an accident with that. All 3 days, she has consistently told us when she needed to go poop. I know that some people say their kids pretty much hold it all in during potty training and it becomes such a struggle. I'll take another day or so of the pee so long as I don't have to deal with the poop becoming an issue. We've been using gluten free/dairy free chocolate chip cookies and brownies, that I found at Publix, as her special treat for being a big girl and going on the potty. Today she put it all together and the 2nd or 3rd time as she was sitting on the potty, just finished peeing mind you, she holds out her hand and says "can I have a cookie now?" So funny coming from a child who really has never had cookies. I am praying that she will go back to drinking just water. I bribed her with lots and lots of juices this weekend to get her to dink enough so she'd have to go to the potty often.

Later I'll put up a pic of what she was wearing today. It was quite chilly for FL (low 60's with a breeze). Since I still didn't want her in anything but her panties on her lower half I found the longest long sleeve shirt she had in her closet (thank you cousin Allison) which was velour. She then had a jacket on over that and pink crocs (as I still did not want to put her in regular shoes/socks in case she had some "running down the legs" accidents.)

No comments: