Thursday, August 20, 2009

Dermatologist Appt...

After Kelsey's 2 yr well check we got a referral to go see a dermatologist for K's exzema. She's pretty much had it since she was born. It's never been horrible, but we did start noticing that she was itching it unconsciously at times. We got a prescription for some stuff to put on her twice daily (non-steroidal). The dermatologist also wanted to test her for allergies to see if something triggers it. They test for 96 food allergies, the downfall is it takes 3-4 weeks AND they had to draw a vial of blood. This was no fun, especially since it was not a ped office and they aren't used to dealing with little kids. I promised her (don't fall off your seats) a cookie and to go see Nana/Papa (gramma/grampa). (FYI, if you are new to this blog, or don't really know me, K really has not had any sweets and I don't give her cookies) Her eyes lit up and she said cookie!!! (like she even knows what one is) I pretty much had to hold her down, she did relatively well even though she kept saying no mommy and tried to push me off of her with her other hand. I called my mom from the parking lot and asked her if she had any cookies (she usually has some of the break aparts in the fridge) and she said she'd put one in for me. We arrived and she got her cookie, okay, so it was only half a cookie. She was such a brave girl!! Afterwards she ate lunch and then we went home for a good nap. Now the wait is on....

No comments: