Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Swimming Refresher....

Normally I would just do this myself, but our pool has been too cool for me to take her in and work with her (however this week it has finally gotten up to about 84). And with my upcoming (unavoidable) c-section I am not going to be able to take Ms. Kelsey in for 6 weeks post. With only a little over 2 weeks until baby sister arrives, I debated and debated and finally decided just to shoot the swim instructor an email last Thursday and see if there was any way she could squeeze Kelsey in for this week. Low and behold she was able to work her in at 9 am (not my ideal time as that's prime snuggle time), so we snatched up the time slot. This way we would have 2 weeks pre-baby to work on her swimming.

I tried making/having Kelsey float the other weekend when I was at my parents and that led to nothing but crying (very loudly) and then full on pouting with her arms crossed and all. I warned Ms. Kirsten that she was gonna cry and she did! Monday she cried basically the whole time. Saying "I want Mama" and telling Kirsten she was done. She still for the most part did what she was asked. Yesterday she cried as I walked her to the pool edge and then for about the first 3-4 minutes and then was done. She did great. And today she cried (more whined) as I walked her to the pool edge and then never cried in the pool. She did wonderful. She was floating really well, swimming great, and even did good when flipped upside down in the water and had to resurface. She finished her refresher in 3 days!! We still need to work with her on using her arms, but that will just take time and practice, but we know she will get it. I(we) will feel much better having her around the pool this summer knowing she's already got it down.

Here's a video from her lesson today.







1 comment:

Avery Tales said...

She's doing great!!! However, I did crack up laughing when she just started swimming aimlessly. :)