Sunday, December 13, 2009

Decorating the Christmas Tree..

We're a little unconventional and the Angel went up first to make sure we could fit her on. This year we gave in and bought a 9 foot artificial pre-lit tree. It pretty much goes to our ceiling, so Lou had to tie the angel on with fishing line

We decided to let Kelsey stay up past bedtime one night so she could help us decorate the tree. This is the first time we really let her participate and she had a blast. I taught her how to hold the hook to make it easier to put the ornaments on the branches. I separated out the breakable and non-breakable ornaments, obviously the pile on non-breakable pile was for Kelsey. After she finished her pile she kept trying to bring the breakable ones and put them on. She was so excited.
Since she had so much fun, I ended up buying her a little tree of her own for her bedroom. I wish I had my camera with me. She was dancing and singing as she was putting the ornaments on, that she got to pick out at the store. We even bought a little battery powered strand of lights. I turn the tree on during her naptime for her everyday.

No comments: